Login Register

Thrifty parents head to new Shenfield Barnardo's

By Brentwood Gazette  |  Posted: June 15, 2012

launch:  (l-r) Barnardo's sales assistant Jessica Brill, area business manager Diane Green and branch retail manager Erica Manning

launch: (l-r) Barnardo's sales assistant Jessica Brill, area business manager Diane Green and branch retail manager Erica Manning

Comments (0)

A CHARITY has launched a new children's store in Shenfield to offer a whole host of items for mums on a budget.

Barnardo's has opened the new shop at 196 Hutton Road, with a range of new and pre-owned baby clothes, toys and other essential items for babies and toddlers.

Branch manager Erica Manning told the Gazette: "If you're new to the world of motherhood and eager to keep within a budget, our Shenfield store has everything you could ever want for your little bundle of joy."

The store is now appealing for donations of pre-loved baby clothes and other essential items such as high-chairs, cots and toys.

Anyone who can help should drop their donations at the shop during opening hours.

The shop is open between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Saturday, and from 10am to 4pm on Sundays.

All donations are appreciated and all money raised in the store is used to help disadvantaged children and young people in the area.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters
  • shnugum252  |  June 22 2012, 10:09PM

    I would just like to point out to the previous person, in response to your ending question, that Barnardo's give 95% of all money raised to helping children and children services, the other 5% is used to keep the charity going, so yet more can be raised to keep the vital work being done going. So please dont make comments without knowing details or the company you are criticising, especially when that company is a charity that does so much for its cause.

    Rate   -1
    Report
  • pambolton  |  June 17 2012, 3:19PM

    Barnado's no longer run children's homes. Their executives are paid a fortune, and this "charity" is mainly a type of Government Lobbying Association. It would be interesting to find out exactly how their profits are spent. I would avoid helping Barnado's in any way, as there are far more deserving charities around, which don't pay their own staff a large proportion of the money they raise, ie which the public give them in the belief they are actually helping children and families, rather than paying for BMW's for the guys at the top. Come on then Barnado's, let's hear EXACTLY what help the money raised is providing for children in the area, and I don't mean some vague social-worker type phrases. Also, what percentage of money raised is kept by yourselves, and how does this compare to the average?

    Rate   1
    Report

      YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

       
       

      MORE NEWS HEADLINES

       
       
       

      MOST POPULAR